July 12, 2011

Kelly becomes her mother.

South Beach diet, week 2.  I always thought that only boring adults did diets that come from a book, but here I am--I've lost four pounds in a week, which is four pounds more than I was losing on my own "Eat nothing and like it" diet, therefore Arthur Agatston, M.D. is my new best friend and his diet book is my Bible.  So thanks, Mom, for lending me the book... I'm beginning to wonder if I'm 22 or 52.

It hasn't been pleasant.  The carbs I'm not struggling with, it's the lack of sugar, namely fruits that's killing me.  I have a lone orange chilling in a fridge full of chicken, salmon and leafy vegetables and it keeps tempting me with its sunny disposition and sugary innards.  But I will stay strong until the end of this horrible Phase I.  My boyfriend joined in on the diet fun--I can't tell if it's for his own health or my own.  But it's sweet, and so comforting to have my favorite partner with me through all this.

Phase I will end the day before my birthday, which seems like the perfect day to splurge and reward myself for (hopefully) losing the customary 10 pounds.  If I do not lose those promised pounds, Arthur Agatston, M.D. will be on my shit list and his book will be banned from my household.  Let's just hope it doesn't come to that.  I'm getting a new dress for the occasion, and I'm crossing my fingers I can squeeze everything into a medium, especially the girls, which have been the most difficult to deal with.  I'll be ever so slightly sad to see them go back to 34 B where they belong.  Coop's sadness over the situation is more pronounced.

Laterrrrr

No comments:

Post a Comment